Monday, September 12, 2011

WIP: Apex Farmhouse

Here's a painting I've been working on for another show.  This is for the upcoming juried show at the Halle Cultural Arts Center of Apex.  View event information here.  

Apex Farmhouse
16" x 20"
acrylic on canvas


I started with a wash using water soluble pastels on canvas primed with Colourfix in terracotta... I was planning on a light layer of acrylic with some touches of oil pastel.
I liked the drips...maybe I'll do this again soon!


Next, I laid down the acrylic paint with a palette knife... this took about 2 hours.


I worked on it another 30-45 minutes last night and made myself stop here...




Not sure how much more I want to work on it.  I'm afraid it will get too blended or have too much detail, and it won't look as fresh and spontaneous.  What do you think?


I might just finish around the windows on the left side of the house, add some more Fall color to the tree on the left, and add a little more green in the shadow above the shed.  Oh, and I think I want more yellow in the meadow.  That's all ;)  


Maybe I'll limit myself to another 20 minutes!  


Stay tuned... for the latest details, you can see my images and what I'm working on by following me on Twitter : ArtbyBethany.  (See the Twitter feed on the right bar on this page!). ------->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...