Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Just off the Easel: Apex Farmhouse

I finished the piece I did a WIP (work-in-progress) post on yesterday (here).

As promised, I refrained from doing too much more, and only spent another 45 minutes on the painting.  I'm pretty happy with it!


Apex Farmhouse
16" x 20" Acrylic on canvas
Available in my Shop




I most loved working on the trees and sky in this painting.  It was a lot of fun to work on, especially since I hadn't done an acrylic painting like this in a while.  Lately I've been very into the oil pastels.  

Here's another picture I did a few months ago of the same farm in Apex (in oil pastels and larger)...


Just off 64 from Jordan
available in my Shop

And here's a painting I did a few years ago in the same style, using a palette knife and a loose, expressive style...

Maggie Valley
available in my Shop

Next, I need to get some smaller paintings done for the outdoor art festival that is LESS THAN TWO WEEKS away!  I hope you'll come out to the Defining Design Art Affaire on September 24th (my birthday!).  Here's the flyer...

Click here for the event page on Facebook


Stay tuned!  I'll be painting some more today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...