Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Days 27 and 28 - Two Garden Paths

"Spring Light"
oil pastel on board, 10 x 10
$75

"Quiet Walk"
oil pastel on board, 6 x 6
$45

Almost through with the Challenge, up to 28 of 30 paintings! We had a warm, springlike day yesterday and I was inspired to paint some garden pieces.  I'd like to go on some trips to local gardens again this Spring.  These were painted from photos I took at the NC Botanical Gardens in Chapel Hill, NC. Both are available on my new website.

Both were painted on tan rag board primed with clear Golden pastel grounds.  I underpainted in Nupastels with an alcohol wash. I underpainted on these to fill in the grooves created by the primer. I didn't want them to be dark tan in the grooves, it would be too distracting.

Stay tuned for the final finish of my Challenge!  30 Paintings in 30 Days has been a great exercise to experiment with techniques and make me paint faster.

Thanks for reading!
Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...