Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 14 - Cool Cow

"Cool Cow"
pastel on board
5" x 7"
available here

Day 14 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  I couldn't resist the title, "Cool Cow" but I considered naming her "Fannie."  She was staying cool in front of the fan in the barn, a girl after my own heart!

Painted on Pastelbord in Nupastels.  A change from my usual oil pastels, I was doing the underpainting in Nupastel and couldn't bear to apply the alcohol and see her washed away!  I may do some more soft pastels in the future, I just know that it will lead to more art supply purchases!  You never can have too many oil pastels, and my soft pastel supply is limited.  

Stay tuned for more catch up posts...I am finished with Day 16 already and will be finishing Day 17 today (Friday).  Stay tuned!
Bethany



1 comment:

  1. I really do love your cows and look forward to seeing more. I am behind on the challenge, but I WILL catch up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...