Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 2- Vermont Meadow

"Vermont Meadow"oil pastel on board
5"x 7"
available at Daily Paintworks

A quick study in oil pastel based on photos I took this summer in Vermont.  This is a view outside of Woodstock, Vermont.  Sunny summer days like this one in Vermont make me want to pack up and move up to the beautiful "Green Mountain State."

reference image

This is for day 2 of the 30 in 30 project I talked about yesterday.  Today I kept my time to under one hour by keeping it small and loose.  Painted in mostly Sennelier oil pastels on Ampersand Pastelbord. I used a white board and underpainted with watercolors yesterday when I was doing the underpainting for "Maggie."  For me the key for a successful challeng will be to plan ahead, underpaint several boards at once, and have all of my photos and boards/papers ready to go.  

Stay tuned, and thank you for reading!
Bethany



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...