Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 17 - Brunch with the Girls

"Brunch with the Girls"
pastel on board
5 x 7
available here
This was an amusing photo that I took in Charlestown, New Hampshire last summer.  Our second cousin in Vermont goes to a 4-H group called the Charlestown Dairy Club, and they were sweet enough to take me there to take pictures early one Saturday morning.  This is where all of my Holstein photos came from!

reference photo
(note I took out the right cow to keep an odd number)

This was challenging in such a small size. But it was a good study for perhaps a larger piece, maybe 6 x 12 or 8 x 16.  I only used Nupastels on Pastelbord.  I was planning on doing a wash with alcohol and then using oil pastel, but I got carried away with detail and didn't want to wash away the Nupastel. So this is the second piece in the series that is solely Nupastel.  Do I see a trend forming?

I need to get another set of Nupastels soon.   I only have the 24 color set that I have had since college.  I'd love the 48 or 96 piece sets, going to keep my eyes peeled on eBay or for any good sales!

Also have been working on a new website...going to migrate my blog back to bethanybryant.blogspot.com and have a cleaner "gallery" site at bethanybryantart.com.  Check out what I have so far here: bethanybryant.weebly.com.

Stay tuned!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...