Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just off the Easel: Splashing in the Surf

Here's a painting I've just finished... #5 of 30 for my 30 in 30 days challenge.  

"Splashing in the Surf"
oil pastel on board
8" x 10"
$45

Painted from reference pictures I took on Emerald Isle, NC last month.  This boxer was biting and chasing the waves and his owners were laughing at his antics.

This is painted with oil pastels on Ampersand Pastelbord in the sand color.  I liked the sand color for this beach scene. Usually I stick to the gray and white Pastelbord, but in my last Jerry's Artarama order I got the 5" x 7" sampler pack.  It came with the gray, white, sand, and green boards.

Stay tuned for more as I catch up on my challenge!  I am still behind 2 days, so I'd better get to painting!

Thanks for reading!
Bethany



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...