Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just off the Easel: Captain Bill's, Morehead City

Here's #12 of 30 in my 30 Small Works in 30 Days challenge! I wanted to do something with a United States flag in it for Memorial Day.  

"Captain Bill's, Morehead City"
oil pastel on board
9" x 12"
$75

I found a reference photo from our trip to the beach last summer... This was perfect since it is for Memorial Day and it says "Captain Bill," which is my Grandpa Pearson's first name.  He served in the USAF, though he retired as a Colonel NOT a Captain!  

My Grandfather, Dad, both of my Dad's brother's, and two of my cousins are all USAF.  Thank you to all of our Military for your sacrifices so that we may be free.

Captain Bills is along the waterfront in Morehead City.  I loved the signs, angles of the building,  and of course the flag.  I may work a little more on this later, but am pretty pleased with it for now.  I'll wait a bit and see how I feel about it in a few weeks.

I got behind on my Challenge with the commission I've been working on for Father's Day.  Now that it is done, I am getting back on track!  I will share the commission after Father's Day so I don't spoil anyone's surprise.

Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!


Bethany


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...