Thursday, May 17, 2012

Just off the Easel: Afternoon Shadows

This is #6 of 30 paintings in 30 days...

"Afternoon Shadows"
oil pastel on board
8" x 10"
$45
contact for purchase

A house located on Beaver Dam Rd in Cary, NC.  The home is in front of "Big Red," the barn I painted last week. I love a wrap-around porch, and this old home had the light hitting just right for some great shadows!

I've found that painting in oil pastel in this smaller size really makes me simplify shapes and not focus on too much detail.  It's really exciting for me, and a bit out of my comfort zone.  Painted on gray Pastelbord with no underpainting.  I'd like to paint this same scene in a larger size, too.

Stay tuned! If you aren't subscribed to my posts via email, please consider subscribing so you don't miss a post!  Enter your email address in the box "Follow By Email" on the right side of this post. Also, see me on Facebook for more about my work. 

Thanks for reading!
Bethany


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...