Saturday, May 26, 2012

Horses, Goats, and Barns, Oh My!

 More paintings from my 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge:

#9: "Carousel Prancer"
oil pastel on board
5" x 7"
$45

"Carousel Prancer" is painted from photos I took of the antique carousel at Pullen Park.  We went a few weeks ago, and our little girl loved it! The highlight for her was the train ride.  Pullen Park is an incredible park in the heart of Raleigh. The whole park was recently renovated, and it is really beautiful for children of all ages!

#10: "Peek A Boo"
oil pastel on board
5" x7"
$45

This goat at Fearrington Village was checking me out!  I enjoyed trying out a cooler color palatte on this painting.  I'll be going back to get more pictures, since the light at noon was too harsh and I only got a few good reference photos.

#11: "Afternoon Shadows"
oil pastel on board
5" x 7"
$45

I loved the light on this white barn.  I tried to keep this painting quick and loose. It is one of my favorites of this series!  This barn is located in Fearrington Village, just south of Chapel Hill, NC.

Stay tuned...I have more paintings to catch up on!

Thanks for reading,
Bethany



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...