Monday, February 27, 2012

Just off the Easel: Yorkie Pup

Here is a sweet little pup that I finished for a client last week...


Yorkie Pup
8" x 10" oil pastel on paper


I tried out the Colourfix pastel paper for this portrait.  Typically I use the Colourfix primer from the jar on my own paper or board.  I didn't find it that much different, perhaps easier because I didn't have to do the priming and deal with warping issues.  Usually I have to contend with the paper or board curling when I apply the primer.  I have yet to find my idea surface, but I'm still looking!


This week I'll be working on another pet portrait and some larger pieces based on some photos I took at Mordecai Historic Park in Raleigh last week.  Stay tuned!




Update: See the Facebook event invite for the Auction Preview at the NC Museum of Art on March 30, 2012!  (mentioned in last blog post)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...