Saturday, February 18, 2012

Accepted!! NC Museum of Art Auction

So excited to announce that one of my paintings has been juried into the NC Museum of Art's Art of the Auction!!!   It was a total whim to submit one of my paintings, but I thought "why not!?"


"East on 64 from Jordan"

I got the email today and was prepared for the line, "Thank you for your submission, HOWEVER..."   I was happy to find the following:

Dear Bethany,

Thank you for submitting your work for the North Carolina Museum of Art’s Art of the Auction. The jury panel was pleased to receive such high quality works from so many artists.

After careful consideration of all works submitted, we are happy to inform you that your work was selected by the jury for inclusion in the Auction. We know that it takes serious commitment and talent to create thoughtful works of art, and we again offer our thanks to you—both for your creativity and for your generosity in making this donation.

I will definitely be attending the Auction Preview on March 30th.  It is free and is a part of the NCMA's Art in the Evening Friday night series of events. There will be live music, food, and beverages during the preview of items available at the Auction, which is held on April 14th, 2012.  I hope you can make it!!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats! I love your work and it definitely deserves to be included in such a wonderful thing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations, Bethany. I always loved this painting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...