Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day & Just off the Easel: A Ride on the Beach

Happy Father's Day!

Today we celebrated my husband's second Father's Day.  We let him sleep in (only until 8:30 but it's better than 6:15!), had a nice brunch, and headed to the NC Museum of Art

We have been wanting to see the 30 Americans exhibit, so we activated the membership we bought on Groupon a few months ago.  The year membership got us free admission to the ticketed show, and it was well worth it!  We'll also be able to see the Rembrandt show coming later this year.  30 Americans was an incredible show... my favorite pieces were Mickalene Thomas' Baby I Am Ready Now and Kehinde Wiley's  Sleep.  If you are in the Raleigh area, don't miss this exhibit!  It is also heading to the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. in October 2011.


For Father's Day, I just finished this commission of a daddy and son on the beach. 

A Ride on the Beach
acrylic on canvas
16" x 20"

I'm loving the summertime scenes right now, like the one I finished last week of Natalie on the beach.  I'm working on a smaller oil pastel of Nick and Natalie on the beach...look for a post on that coming in the next few days!


Last but certainly not least, thank you to all of the wonderful fathers ... most especially my own Dad, father-in-law, and my husband.  Natalie and I are lucky to have all of you in our lives! :)

1 comment:

  1. A lovely painting, Bethany...What a nice tribute and the museum trips sound wonderful...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...