Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WIP: Natalie

I started this oil pastel of Natalie a few months ago and HATED it.  She looked scary, like she was wearing a mask.  I decided that I shouldn't have used black for the shadows, instead I'm using browns, dark purples, and some blue.  (Sorry, should have taken a "before" picture earlier this evening! I'm learning... ;)


Natalie ...still working on it!


This is far as I'm getting on this one for now. Need to let some of the layers harden up so I can go back in with some texture and finishing marks.  When you get too much oil pastel on the paper, it gets muddy and too thick.  So I've scraped some of the pastel off and I'll let it set up for a bit.


Close up



Need to work on the dress, background, and brighten up some of the highlights in the face.  Also soften the shadows and work on the midtones.


More soon! 


Bethany :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...