Monday, February 21, 2011

WIP: Natalie (cont'd)

Worked some more on Miss Natalie's portrait yesterday and today.  Today I had to turn it upside-down so I could really concentrate on the shapes of the shadows.  


See previous post here.


I'm liking the color of her skin more, but still need to work on the shadows, especially on the left side of her face (her right cheek).  Did a little bit of blending with turpentine on the dress, still much detail to work on for her dress.   Thinking that the shadow on the right side is distracting, and that I need to soften the line that goes into her ear.  


Natalie (current)


Natalie (before)

Oh, and previously I forgot to give details on this painting.  Image is about 8" x 10", and it's oil pastel on paper.  Paper is Rives BFK primed with Colourfix pastel primer in Aubergine.  I'm using some thinner in the middle layers, but will go back in for some texture/marks before I finish.

detail

May take a break on this one to let the pastel set up/dry.  More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...