Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just off the Easel: Paul Green Cabin

Paul Green Cabin
6.5" x 9" oil pastel on Colourfix

This image has been waiting to be painted since last Spring...I finally got around to working on a painting based on the photo I took at the UNC Botanical Gardens.  I really enjoyed painting the light in the meadow and across the trees.  This area of the gardens is really natural and beautiful.


The Paul Green Cabin was restored and moved to Chapel Hill in 1991. Playwright Paul Green(1894-1981) wrote many plays, including "The Lost Colony," the oldest outdoor historical drama in the United States.  He was born in Buies Creek, NC and attended what is now Campbell University and UNC Chapel Hill.    Green served as a professor of drama at UNC until his death in 1981.


Contact me to purchase here.


I hope to visit some more local gardens this Spring and plein aire paint while the weather is still cool enough not to melt my oil pastels!


Thanks for reading!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...