Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just off the Easel: Blue Ridge Beauty

I love the NC mountains and paint them every chance I get!  Here's a new piece:

Blue Ridge Beauty
9" x 12" oil pastel over watercolor

This one I painted using Canson's Montval Acrylic Paper.  I underpainted with my Van Gogh travel watercolor pan set...

watercolor underpainting

Next, I used clear Colourfix pastel primer to give the paper a tooth for the oil pastel and to seal the watercolor.  Then I broke out the oil pastels and laid down the detail...I'm using Erengis and Sennelier oil pastels mostly, and a few Gallery Extra Soft oil pastels.  I limited myself to about 10 colors.

finished!

I loved working on this simple, relaxed piece.  I'm looking forward to trying out the acrylic paper with my acrylic paints... stay tuned!

Thanks for reading!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...