Friday, July 15, 2011

Just off the Easel: The Blue One

Here's the other painting I mentioned in yesterday's post.  


I just submitted my two entries into the Visual Art Exchange's N.E.W. Show (Never Exhibited Works).  Talk about sending them in at the last minute... due today by midnight and I just sent them in!  (Whew!)


The Blue One
oil pastel on paper
12" x 9"


This is Sennelier oil pastel over watercolor wash on Arches watercolor paper.  I did try using a few of my Prismacolor colored pencils for some of the finer detail of the siding, windows, and railing.  Smaller lines are very difficult to achieve with oil pastels, especially on a smaller scale like in this piece.


I really loved the vibrant color of this beach house, which is located in Emerald Isle, NC.  This beach is located along the Southern Outer Banks, dubbed the Crystal Coast of North Carolina.  It's less than 3 hours away from Raleigh, making it a great getaway for a weekend or even overnight.  


Here's the Google Map street view of the location... right next to the beach access off of 8th street.



View Larger Map


This is the third piece I've finished from this trip... also see posts about Emerald Isle Dunes and Buckets of Fun.


Not sure what I'll work on next.  It will probably be some more beach paintings once I download the pictures I took last weekend during our trip to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach, NC.  Stay tuned!


Bethany :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...