Monday, October 29, 2012

Bossy Bessie

"Bossy Bessie"
oil pastel on paper
9" x 9"
sold

A fun portrait based on photos I took in Vermont this summer.  This cow was bossing the other ladies around at the feed trough.  She earned her title, "Bossy Bessie."  I may regret disclosing that my parents used to call me "Messy Bessie" as a child!  (Hence the Bessie in this title!).

I continue to experiment with the Sabretooth sanded paper. This was on a scrap piece of the pink color. I am finding that I prefer the smoother Colourfix paper for most projects.  UPS just delivered a sampler set of UART sanded papers, so I am off to check them out.  Next I have some larger commissions to finish up.

Stay tuned and thanks for reading!
Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...