Friday, November 4, 2011

Painting at A Shopping SPREE!

Last night was a fun night of painting at the Junior League of Raleigh's A Shopping SPREE!

One of my paintings was showing in the Carolina Color Gallery at the event 
for the Southern Menagerie show.  They asked if anyone would 
like to paint live at the Preview Party, and I was ready to go! 

Here's a photo I took of my framed piece hanging in the gallery, and my easel set up:



I abandoned the first painting when I got bored and moved onto a farm scene...

Blue Ridge Farm
20" x 10" oil pastel on board
 I finished it during the show and it's in my Shop!

I had a great time painting at the event, and hope to show at SPREE! again.
(Even though painting in high heels on a concrete floor for 3 1/2 hours is hard work!)

I'm busy getting some custom portraits done, as well as some entries for upcoming shows.  More soon, so stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...