Sunday, October 16, 2011

Just off the Easel: Jack

I recently had the privilege of painting a sweet Golden Retriever, Jack, with his owner.

In Memory of Jack
11" x 14"
oil pastel on paper

We only had a snapshot taken with a camera phone, but we were able to make it into a lovely expression of their special bond.  

reference picture

I was so honored to be trusted with such an important task of capturing Jack.  These kinds of commissions are especially gratifying to me as an artist.


_____________________________________________________________________

For more information on my pet portraits, see the Pet Portraits section of this website.  I'm currently working on portraits for the Holidays, so don't delay if you are considering giving a portrait this year.  The process typically takes 2-3 weeks.   


If you don't have the time, or aren't sure what photo your loved one would want painted, I offer gift certificates in my Shop.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...