Thursday, August 25, 2011

Just off the Easel: Three Petite Eggplants

We got our fruits and veggies yesterday from our local CSA, The Produce Box.  Everything was so pretty, I just had to paint the small eggplants.


Three Petite Eggplants
click here to view in shop
10" x 12"


I painted this with oil pastels on rag board primed with clear colourfix primer tinted a dark blue gray.  I used a pretty mesquite cutting board underneath the eggplant to show some nice reflected light.  Loving the yellow napkin I used as a backdrop.  Mustard yellow is one of my favorite colors.... 


love some yellow...above our fireplace
is painted a cheery mustard yellow!


I'm also eyeing some pretty peppers, cucumber, and smaller peppers.  They make make an appearance in a painting today before they end up on my dinner plate tonight!  Now that the eggplants have been painted, the big question is how to cook them up?  We had some grilled eggplant a few weeks ago, and I wasn't a fan.


Stay tuned for more veggies!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...