Friday, March 18, 2011

WIP: A Ride on the Beach

Beginning a larger painting on canvas of this sweet Daddy and son on the beach.

The size is 16" x 20", medium is acrylic on canvas.  I primed the canvas a light salmon color rather than my typical red or terracotta since it is a light, beachy picture.


Here is what I did yesterday... sketching and underpainting. Pardon the terrible pictures... all I had was my Blackberry!  I'll get some better pictures tomorrow in the daylight with the real camera.  The colors are much brighter IRL and the Round 2 picture appears very different since it's nighttime and the lighting in the kitchen is poor.



And this is what I did tonight.  






I feel like I worked FOREVER on it and there isn't much difference.   I think I may break out the palate knife to work on the background, and maybe some gel medium to create some transparent layers. I noticed some proportions are off: the shirt and pants... he's looking a little wide! ;)  

I need to work on blending less! I think the palate knife will help in that aspect.  

Stay tuned for updates and better pictures!






1 comment:

  1. Oh Bethany, it is just gorgeous!!! Unbelievable. You are so truly talented!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...